In the hustle and bustle of modern life, sometimes it can be hard to find the time to get away from it all. But if you’re looking for a real escape that will leave you feeling refreshed and inspired, Jaipur is the place for you. Located in the heart of India, this vibrant city has a long history of culture and artistry that will leave you transfixed. On top of its rich cultural heritage, Jaipur also offers unique dining experiences, shopping opportunities, and beautiful architecture. From colorful bazaars to stunning palaces, there’s so much to explore in Jaipur sightseeing tour. Read on to learn more about why this historical destination should be your next travel destination!
History of Jaipur
The city of Jaipur was founded in 1727 by Sawai Jai Singh II, the ruler of Amber. The city was built according to the principles of Vastu Shastra, and features a symmetrical layout with wide streets and large public squares. The city was originally painted pink, which is why it is sometimes called the “Pink City”, and this color is still used on many buildings today.
Jaipur served as the capital of Rajasthan from 1876 until India’s independence in 1947. After independence, Jaipur became part of the state of Rajasthan. The city has continued to grow and develop since then, and today it is a major tourist destination for both domestic and international travelers.
What to See in Jaipur?
Jaipur is one of the most popular tourist destinations in India. The Pink City, as it is called, is home to some of the most amazing architecture and historical sites in the country. If you are planning a trip to Jaipur, here are some of the things you definitely need to see:
- The Amer Fort: This fort is one of the most iconic landmarks in Jaipur. The Amer Fort was built in the 16th century and is a beautiful example of Rajput architecture.
- The City Palace: The City Palace is another must-see while you are in Jaipur. This palace was built in the 18th century and houses some of the finest examples of Rajasthani art and architecture.
- The Hawa Mahal: The Hawa Mahal is one of the most recognizable buildings in Jaipur. Built-in the 18th century, this five-story palace was designed for the royal women to be able to view street festivals while remaining unseen by the public.
- Jantar Mantar: Jantar Mantar is an astronomical observatory that was built in the 18th century. It is home to some of the largest sundials in the world and is a truly fascinating sight to see.
When planning a trip to Jaipur, be sure to consider customized tour packages. This option allows you to tailor your trip specifically to your interests, budget, and schedule. With a customized tour package, you can choose which sights to see, how long to stay in each place, and what type of transportation to use. You can also add optional activities, such as cooking classes or cultural experiences. Plus, with a customized tour package, you’ll have a local expert helping you plan every step of the way – ensuring that your trip is truly unforgettable. So if you’re looking for an amazing and unique experience in Jaipur, be sure to consider a customized tour package.
How to Get Around Jaipur?
The best way to get around Jaipur is by rickshaw. Rickshaws are readily available and relatively cheap. You can also get around by auto-rickshaw, but these are slightly more expensive. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try getting around on a bicycle!
Nightlife in Jaipur
Jaipur is well known for its vibrant nightlife. There are a number of bars, clubs and restaurants that stay open late into the night. If you’re looking to party, Jaipur is the place to be.
Most of the nightlife in Jaipur is centered on the hotels and resorts. However, there are a few stand-alone bars and clubs that are worth checking out. A few of the most popular places to party in Jaipur are:
- Club JET – This club is located inside the JW Marriott hotel. It’s a great place to dance and drink the night away.
- The Spare Kitchen – This restaurant turns into a bar at night, making it the perfect place to grab a bite to eat before heading out for drinks.
- Havana Bar – Located in the Vivanta by Taj hotel, this bar offers a laid-back atmosphere where you can enjoy live music and delicious cocktails.
Jaipur is a vibrant and captivating city that offers visitors a unique cultural experience. Whether you’re interested in visiting forts, temples or wildlife reserves, or if you’d prefer to take part in shopping and exploring the narrow lanes of the local street markets, Jaipur has something to offer everyone. With its amazing architecture and incredible hospitality, there’s no doubt why Jaipur should be at the top of your list when planning your next trip!