This can be regarded as a very popular question among a lot of people who are planning to visit Turkey. As we all know, a large number of people visit Turkey on a regular basis. The purpose of the visit might vary from person to person. Some of us might visit Turkey for business purposes and some might also visit this place as tourists. So, knowing the travel restrictions to turkey is extremely important. As we all know, previously this was not an issue. We could travel to any country as per our preference without thinking much about these restrictions and all. But, currently this is not the scenario. As we all know, the covid has severely affected almost every sector of our life. And now-a-days, before doing anything we have to take this into consideration.
Rules and regulations regarding traveling to different countries have been greatly modified after this pandemic. These regulations may vary from country to country. Certain countries might not be that strict when it comes to the covid regulations. But on the other hand, some countries can be extremely harsh when it comes to the rules and regulations. So, if you are planning to visit other countries, then it is highly recommended that you go through these rules and regulations properly before planning your itinerary. This will greatly help you in having a smooth visit. Here, we will be looking at the detailed travel advisory, detailed tourist information, as well as the lockdown details. So, without further delay, let’s get into our discussion of this informative topic.
Detailed Travel Advisory of travel restrictions to turkey
Here, we will be taking a look at the detailed travel advisory regarding the travel restrictions.
- The people who are thinking about visiting this place should keep in mind that all arrivals into Turkey will be subjected to a medical evaluation for symptoms of coronavirus. This includes temperature checks. In addition to that, they might also face random PCR testing on arrival.
- The travelers must wear a face mask at all times while in the airport. They must also wear the mask for the duration of all flights, to and from Turkey.
- The traveler’s information regarding COVID-19 might be shared with the Ministry of Health and third countries if necessary. In addition to that, if anyone knowingly provides false information, then he or she will be prevented from traveling.
- If the travelers are fully vaccinated, then they can enter Turkey without needing to test or quarantine. But, at least 14 days must have passed since the second dose of the vaccine. Another significant factor is that the vaccine must be approved by the Turkish Ministry of Health or World Health Organization.
- The travelers must present the proof that they have been fully vaccinated to enter Turkey. The proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record and proof of COVID-19 vaccination issued in the Crown Dependencies shall be accepted.
- If a person is not fully vaccinated, then they will need to show proof of a negative PCR test which was taken not more than 72 hours before entry, Rapid Antigen Test that was taken no more than 48 hours before entry, or proof of a recent recovery from COVID-19 within the last six months. In addition to that, he or she should arrange to take a private test.
Detailed Tourist Information
In the previous section, we have provided a detailed travel advisory of travel restrictions to turkey. Here, we will be discussing some of the vital tourist information. An important thing that should be kept in mind is that the government of Turkey does not prohibit any nationalities from entering Turkey based on citizenship. But at the same time, it does place restrictions on who may come into the country based on the departure point. Most of the international tourists can travel to Turkey either visa-free or, for those fitting the requirements, with an eVisa. In addition to that, certain countries may only enter with a conventional sticker visa. The individuals can only obtain this visa at a Turkish embassy. This includes the citizens of Algeria, Cuba, Guyana, Kiribati, Laos, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, North Korea, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, South Sudan, Syria, Tonga, and Tuvalu. All incoming passengers who are over the age of 6 must complete a “Traveler Entry Form”. This needs to be completed at least four days before their arrival in Turkey. Children under 6 are exempt and they do not need to fill this form. The “Form for Entry to Turkey” needs to be completed online and it takes only a few minutes to complete it. The passengers need to present it before boarding a flight to Turkey and then again on arrival.
In this section, we will be looking at the lockdown details associated with the travel restrictions to turkey. As per the circular issued by the Ministry of Interior on 4 March 2022, new conditions have been specified for outdoor mask mandate, submission of negative PCR test result and contact tracing (HES) code requirement. According to this circular, the mask mandate has been lifted in indoor areas. However, proper physical distancing and ventilation should be applicable in these areas. However, the HES codes won’t be required in theaters, shopping malls, astro pitches and transportation. In addition to that, grocery and other food-related shops will be open during normal operation hours. Also, the dining establishments such as restaurants, patisseries, cafés, and cafeterias will be open for in-person dining and delivery services with no restrictions.
For more blogs: Tecnostory
Thus, from our discussion of the topic, “travel restrictions to turkey“, it can be concluded that the restrictions are slowly becoming less and the scenario will definitely get better soon. Here, we have discussed in detail about the travel advisory, the tourist information, as well as the lockdown details. Thus, going through this discussion can be regarded as a great idea for all those who are thinking about visiting Turkey. It will provide them all the necessary guidance to ensure a safe and sound trip.