Google Ads is a form of product that one can use to promote a business and help in selling services, and products, increasing traffic and raising awareness. The accounts of Google Ads are all managed online so that one can create and even change an ad campaign at any given point in time – that includes settings, budget, and the ad text.
Google Webmaster Tools
The Google Webmaster Tools is also known as the Google Search Console. It is a very powerful platform that various owners of websites can use to track and scrutinize how their site interacts with the platform of Google.
The GWT gives a person detailed insight into the health and success of a website. It also reports on the technical glitches and errors that a website might have.
Why Link At All?
Here are a few reasons why should you link Adwords to webmaster tools:
- Linking and then utilizing the Webmaster Tools allows one to verify their business in Google’s My Business.
- You can also find out what Google really thinks that your website is all about
- You will also be able to find out the positions on search in which your sites are ranking.
- The technical glitches that otherwise you would not be able to get hold of regarding your site – you can discover those problems.
Steps To Linking
In this secretion of the article, I have discussed the steps to linking the following:
- AdWords Data In the Google Analytics
- Google Analytics Data In the AdWords
- AdWords To Webmaster Tools
(1) AdWords Data In The Google Analytics
- First and foremost, you need to log in to “Google Analytics” and then select the “Admin” tab, which is located at the top of the page. After that, you will need to pick the appropriate Account and then select “Property.”
- Then you will see that under the header labeled as “Product linking,” there’s an option called “AdWords Linking.” You need to click on that and verify your AdWords account.
- After that is done, you will need to add a name for the account to be linked. Next, pick the views wherever you would like for the AdWords data to be made available and then confirm your action of linking by clicking the blue colored button.
(2) Google Analytics Data In The AdWords
- After all of the above steps are done, you need to log in to AdWords and then select the gear icon and then go to “Account settings.”
- Next, navigate to “Linked Accounts” first and then “Google Analytics.” You can then add data from the “Google Analytics Views” by clicking on the button labeled as “add.”
- Next, you are required to add the data from Google Analytics to AdWords by going to the “Colummns” tab first and then clicking on “Customize Columns.”
- After that, you need to search for the “Google Analytics Tab” and then add the “metric columns” in order for the data to be displayed in the AdWords reports.
If you follow through with the above steps correctly, then you will get a mail stating that your work is done here.
(3) AdWords To Webmaster Tools
A linkage between the two of these accounts is going to provide broader search data for AdWords, which will, in turn, allow the marketers to compare the relationship between the paid and organic search efforts.
The steps to do so are:
- The “Account settings” that we discussed above regarding AdWords. You need to go there first.
- Next, you need to click on the accounts that are linked and then on Webmaster Tools.
- Then, you will be able to see a message showing “Linked.”
After your accounts get linked, you will have a view called “Organic and Paid,” all within a campaign. You then need to simply click on the tab labeled “Dimensions” and then change the view by selecting the “Paid and Organic” View from the drop-down menu that appears.
Within this view, one will be able to view the Organic and Paid query regarding traffic – side-by-side, along with the combined statistics for both. The valuable insight that you are going to get from this will help you in identifying the search terms that you are really having a successful campaign or not. You will also be able to identify missed opportunities. With a comparison that is side by side like this, you will be able to formulate strategies better.
To Wrap It Up!
Linking your AdWords and Webmaster Tools Accounts is bound to pose some helpful benefits for your campaign and strategies. So, I would definitely recommend you to utilize it right this instant if you haven’t already.
Thank you for reading up till here. I hope you found the information given useful. Let me know in the comments your thoughts on the same.
Blogger Clara Adams is really dedicated. She enjoys blogging about his views, experiences, and thoughts with other people. Clara Adams is connected to the Simply Law Zone, World News Inn, News Stoner, Voice Of Action.