Singapore Management University offers a Master of Science in Applied in Finance. The program provides in-depth knowledge and financial competence. This is one of the best college for MiM in singapore. The highlights of Singapore Management University MSC in Applied Finance are-
- Passionate and Experienced Faculty
- Great Internship Opportunities
- Partnership with CFA
- Wide Range of Subjects
- Strong Alumni Network
The size of the class was 110. 93/ students were international students. The work experience of the class was 0 to 5 years. The average age was 23 years and the average GMAT score was 650.
The curriculum of MSC in Applied Finance Program
The curriculum of Singapore Management University MSC in Applied Finance consists of core modules and electives. The core modules are Financial Statement Analysis, Quantitative Methods, and Economic Analysis, Corporate Finance, Fixed Income, and Derivative Analysis, Equity Analysis and Portfolio Management, Advanced Fixed-Income and Derivative Analysis, Advanced Equity Analysis and Portfolio Management, Advanced Financial Statement Analysis, and Advanced Quantitative and Economic Analysis.
The program offers three tracks. The three tracks are- Fund Management, FinTech, and Real Estate. You can also apply for MSc marketing in Singapore for more holistic approach.
The electives offered by the Fintech track are Financial Analysis and Innovation, Financial Data Science, Machine Learning and Financial Application, Quantitative Trading Strategies, Fintech for Finance, Innovation in Digital Payments, and Financial Modeling for Fintech.
The electives offered by the Real Estate track are Real Estate Investments and Finance, Analytics in Finance and Real Estate, Project and Infrastructure Financing, and Real Estate Valuation and Taxation.
The electives offered by the Fund Management track are Sustainable Finance and Alternative Investments, Structured Products, Hedge Funds, PE and VC Investing, Global and Asian Financial Markets, Bank Risk Management, Investment Advisory, and Wealth Management.
The faculty members are-
- Roger Loh- Associate Professor of Finance
- Michelle Cheong- Associate Professor of Information Systems
- Edward Ng- Founder and Director
- Matt Dearth- Adjunct Faculty
- Aaron LOW
- ANG Sock Tiang
- Benedict KOH
- Benjamin EE
Application Requirements and Instructions
The application requirements of Singapore Management University MSC in Applied Finance are-
- Current Resume
- One Personal Statement
- Copy of Passport
- Two Referee Reports
- One Photograph
- Official GMAT/GRE scores
- Official IELTS/TOEFL scores
- Certified true copies of CFA/ACCA certificates
- Certified true copies of Degree scroll and Academic Transcripts
- Application Fee
- Applicants are required to submit two referee reports. The Referee reports must be submitted in PDF format.
- The original documents are verified. If students fail to submit their original documents their application will be canceled.
Program Fees and Payment modes
The cost of the Singapore Management University MSC in Applied Finance program for native students is S$48,650 and for international students is S$ 48,750. The fees include application fees, registration fees, and tuition fees.
Students can pay their fees through credit cards or cheques. The cheque must be issued in the name of Singapore Management University, Applicants must mention their names, mobile number, and program names at the back of the cheque.
The financing options are-
- AGL Irudayaraj Scholarship
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Global Awareness Scholarships
- Leadership Potential Scholarships
- Community Impact Scholarships
- Impact on Asia Scholarship
- Women in Business Scholarship
- Mapletree Postgraduate Scholarship
Scholarship Evaluation Criteria
Students are evaluated based on interview performance, essays, GMAT/GRE scores, leadership potential, and community work.
86/ students accepted a job offer within six months of graduation. The starting annual salary was $72,000. The leading hiring sectors were Financial Services, Asset Management, Commercial Banking, and Brokerages.
The learning outcomes of the Singapore Management University MSC in Applied Finance program are-
- Ability to handle corporate and financial challenges
- Conceptual understanding of real-world business situations
- Analyzing financial information and formulating strategies
The Singapore Management University MSC in Applied Finance’s strengths and weaknesses are-
- Good Acceptance Rate
- Great Career Outlook
- Experienced and Professional Faculty
- Prime Business Location
- Intensive and Rigorous Curriculum
- A variety of payment modes
- A myriad of Scholarship options
- Competitive and Intensive Admission Process
Abhyank Srinet is a passionate digital entrepreneur who holds a Masters in Management
degree from ESCP Europe. He started his first company while he was still studying at ESCP,
and managed to scale it up by 400% in just 2 years.
Being a B-School Alumni, he recognized the need for a one-stop solution for B-School to get in
touch with schools and get their application queries resolved. This prompted him to create
MiM-Essay, a one-of-a-kind portal with cutting-edge profile evaluation and school selection
algorithms, along with several avenues to stay informed about