iPhones have become imperative for many customers, and Apple is creating more ways by which the iPhone enhances the daily lives of its customers. One such update is iOS 15, which brings new ways to explore the world, enhancing the iPhone experience. In addition, it offers many powerful features. For example, one of the features that you can use for online privacy is ‘hide my email.’ This feature helps to protect your email address by letting you sign up for sites and fill out forms with a random email address. So people cannot see your email address, and you still get the wanted emails. For this sake, you can use this feature to generate more than one random email address to fulfill your online registration needs in ios 15 supported devices.
You can use Apple’s ‘hide my email’ feature on any of the IOS 15-supported devices. The first step is to create a dummy email address on compatible devices. You can accomplish this by following some easy steps
- Open the setting app.
- Tap on your name to open Apple id settings for the account.
- Tap on ‘iCloud’ and select ‘Hide My Email’ from the options on the screen (via Apple).
- Tap on ‘create a new address.’ It will enable you to generate a new Hide My Email address ending in ‘appleid.com’.
- Tap “Continue” or tap “Use a different address” if you want a different one.
- You can have more than one email address. Tap label your address to give it a name. You can also attach a note to your email address which might help remind you why you use this email address later.
- On completion, tap ‘next’ and then tap ‘done’ on the confirmation page.
Once created, you can use this random email address to send emails in the mail. While sending emails through this random email address, the recipient will only see your ‘Hide My Email’ address. The reply of that recipient will be forwarded to your email account.
Similarly, you can use this random email address for the sign-up process to register on any site. While registering to any website, make sure to choose this random email address rather than choosing to sign in with Apple. You can do this by tapping to make the email text box active, then tapping ‘hide my email’ on the row above the onscreen keyboard. Then you can finish by tapping on the ‘use’ button. While doing this process, it might be helpful to use the note field and add some comments about the site you’re registering to help you find it later.
Managing ‘hide my email address’
You can maintain multiple ‘hide my email addresses’ to fulfill your sign-up needs on various forums. To change the ‘hide my email’ forwarding address, you have to
- Open the settings app on iOS 15 devices.
- To open the account settings, tap your name at the top of the menu.
- Tap on iCloud and then select hide my email.
- The next screen display all the available email addresses currently registered. Here you will find the option ‘Forward to.’
- Select one of these.
It will change your Hide My Email forwarding address. From here, you can easily select the forwarding email address you want. Similarly, you can deactivate your hide my email address altogether. You can do this by opening the ‘hide my email’ menu in the setting app (by following the above process). Here you can see all the dummy email addresses associated with your account tap’ on the one you don’t want to use. It will open the menu with an option to deactivate the email address. You can deactivate the ‘hide my email address by selecting the option. It will put that address on hold. Now you will not forward any emails sent to it.
Now that you know how to use the ‘Hide My Email’ app on IOS 15, you can use this fantastic feature to fulfill your needs.